These Terms are binding on any use of the Service and apply to You from the time that Our Safety Kit provides You with access to the Service.
By registering to use the Service you acknowledge that You have read and understood these Terms and have the authority to act on behalf of any person for whom You are using the Service. You are deemed to have agreed to these Terms on behalf of any entity for whom you use the Service.
These Terms were last updated on 17 March 2017.
means the regular fee (excluding any taxes and duties) payable by You in accordance with the fee schedule set out on the Website (which Our Safety Kit may change from time to time on notice to You).
includes all information exchanged between the parties to this Agreement, whether in writing, electronically or orally, including the Service but does not include information which is, or becomes, publicly available other than through unauthorised disclosure by the other party.
means any data inputted by You or with Your authority into the Website.
"Intellectual Property Right"
means any patent, trade mark, service mark, copyright, moral right, right in a design, know-how and any other intellectual or industrial property rights, anywhere in the world whether or not registered.
means the online health and safety software applications made available (as may be changed or updated from time to time by Our Safety Kit) via the Website (both web and mobile applications).
means the Internet site at the domain www.oursafetykit.com or any other site operated by Our Safety Kit.
means Quantate Limited which is registered in New Zealand, company number 12985082. Quantate provide technical support and management services to Our Safety Kit for the support and maintenance of the Website.
means the person or entity that registers to use the Service. For persons, where the context permits, includes any entity on whose behalf that person registers to use the Service. For Business and Enterprise Plans, Subscriber means a business entity, incorporated company, organisation or such.
means the Subscriber, and where the context permits, an Invited User. "Your" has a corresponding meaning.
means any person or entity, other than the Subscriber, that uses the Service with the authorisation of the Subscriber.
2. USE OF SOFTWARE
Our Safety Kit grants You the right to access and use the Service via the Website with the particular user roles available to You according to Your subscription type. This right is non-exclusive, non-transferable, and limited by and subject to this Agreement.
Only the Subscriber and its invited users have the right to access and use the Service. This does not confer the rights for subsidiaries or joint venture parties (unless subject to Agreement established during subscription of an ‘Enterprise Plan’). You must not make it available for other parties. Your contractors and agents may also use the Software and access your Data but only for your business purposes and in accordance with the terms of this agreement.
You acknowledge and agree that, subject to any applicable written agreement between the Subscriber and the Invited Users, or any other applicable laws:
- the Subscriber determines who is an Invited User and what level of user role access to the relevant organisation and Service that Invited User has;
- the Subscriber is responsible for all Invited Users’ use of the Service;
- the Subscriber controls each Invited User’s level of access to the relevant organisation and Service at all times and can revoke or change an Invited User’s access, or level of access, at any time and for any reason, in which case that person or entity will cease to be an Invited User or shall have that different level of access, as the case may be;
- if there is any dispute between a Subscriber and an Invited User regarding access to any organisation or Service, the Subscriber shall decide what access or level of access to the relevant Data or Service that Invited User shall have, if any.
3. YOUR OBLIGATIONS
Payment obligations: Our trial service is free. For our paid for services your credit card will be charged for the Access Fee on a monthly basis starting from the date You signed up. Your credit card will be charged for the Access Fee for the period in advance. Your site will show a history of your charges which may be printed as invoices. The name that will appear on your statement will be Quantate Limited. You will be continued to be charged for Our Safety Kit at the selected frequency until this Agreement is terminated in accordance with clause 8. Entities from New Zealand are responsible for payment of all taxes and duties in addition to the Access Fee. Entities from any other country are exempted from any tax. We may change the fees and charges or add new fees and charges at any time, without prior notice. You are responsible for any fees or charges incurred to access the Service through an Internet service provider or other third party service.
General obligations: You must only use the Service and Website for Your own lawful internal business purposes, in accordance with these Terms and any notice sent by Our Safety Kit or condition posted on the Website. You may use the Service and Website on behalf of others or in order to provide services to others but if You do so you must ensure that You are authorised to do so and that all persons for whom or to whom services are provided comply with and accept all terms of this Agreement that apply to You.
- You must ensure that all usernames and passwords required to access the Service are kept secure and confidential. You must immediately notify Our Safety Kit of any unauthorised use of Your passwords or any other breach of security and Our Safety Kit will reset Your password and You must take all other actions that Our Safety Kit reasonably deems necessary to maintain or enhance the security of Our Safety Kit's computing systems and networks and Your access to the Services.
As a condition of these Terms, when accessing and using the Services, You must:
- not attempt to undermine the security or integrity of Our Safety Kit’s computing systems or networks or, where the Services are hosted by a third party, that third party's computing systems and networks;
- not use, or misuse, the Services in any way which may impair the functionality of the Services or Website, or other systems used to deliver the Services or impair the ability of any other user to use the Services or Website;
- not attempt to gain unauthorised access to any materials other than those to which You have been given express permission to access or to the computer system on which the Services are hosted;
- not transmit, or input into the Website, any: files that may damage any other person's computing devices or software, content that may be offensive, or material or Data in violation of any law (including Data or other material protected by copyright or trade secrets which You do not have the right to use); and
- not attempt to modify, copy, adapt, reproduce, disassemble, decompile or reverse engineer any computer programs used to deliver the Services or to operate the Website.
Usage Limitations: Use of the Service may be subject to limitations, including but not limited to a data storage limitation of 1GB. Any such limitations will be advised.
Communication Conditions: As a condition of these Terms, if You use any communication tools available through the Website (such as any forum, chat room or message centre), You agree only to use such communication tools for lawful and legitimate purposes. You must not use any such communication tool for posting or disseminating any material unrelated to the use of the Services, including (but not limited to): offers of goods or services for sale, unsolicited commercial e-mail, files that may damage any other person's computing devices or software, content that may be offensive to any other users of the Services or the Website, or material in violation of any law (including material that is protected by copyright or trade secrets which You do not have the right to use).
When You make any communication on the Website, You represent that You are permitted to make such communication. Our Safety Kit is under no obligation to ensure that the communications on the Website are legitimate or that they are related only to the use of the Services. As with any other web-based forum, You must exercise caution when using the communication tools available on the Website. Our Safety Kit reserves the right to remove any communication at any time in its sole discretion.
Indemnity: You indemnify Our Safety Kit against: all claims, costs, damage and loss arising from Your breach of any of these Terms or any obligation You may have to Our Safety Kit, including (but not limited to) any costs relating to the recovery of any Access Fees that are due but have not been paid by You.
4. CONFIDENTIALITY AND PRIVACY
4.1 Confidentiality: Unless the relevant party has the prior written consent of the other or unless required to do so by law:
- Each party will preserve the confidentiality of all Confidential Information of the other obtained in connection with these Terms. Neither party will, without the prior written consent of the other, disclose or make any Confidential Information available to any person, or use the same for its own benefit, other than as contemplated by these Terms.
- Each party's obligations under this clause will survive termination of these Terms.
The provisions of clauses 4.1.a and b shall not apply to any information which:
- is or becomes public knowledge other than by a breach of this clause;
- is received from a third party who lawfully acquired it and who is under no obligation restricting its disclosure;
- is in the possession of the receiving party without restriction in relation to disclosure before the date of receipt from the disclosing party; or
- is independently developed without access to the Confidential Information.
5. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- 5.1 General: Title to, and all Intellectual Property Rights in the Services, the Website and any documentation relating to the Services remain the property of Our Safety Kit.
- 5.2 Ownership of Data: Title to, and all Intellectual Property Rights in, the Data remain Your property. However, Your access to the Data is contingent on full payment of the Our Safety Kit Access Fee when due. You grant Our Safety Kit a licence to use, copy, transmit, store, and back-up Your information and Data for the purposes of enabling You to access and use the Services and for any other purpose related to provision of services to You.
- 5.3 Backup of Data: You must maintain copies of all Data inputted into the Service. Our Safety Kit adheres to its best practice policies and procedures to prevent data loss, including a daily system data back-up regime, but does not make any guarantees that there will be no loss of Data. Our Safety Kit expressly excludes liability for any loss of Data no matter how caused.
- 5.4 Third Party Resources: Our Safety Kit uses third party documentation, resources for reference. Our Safety Kit uses this content when there is a Creative Commons Attribution License. In these cases Our Safety Kit will provide the name of the creator and attribution parties, a copyright notice, and a link to the material. Our Safety Kit does not claim that the licensor endorses us or our product in any way nor does Our Safety Kit guarantee the validity of content.
- 5.5 External References: Our Safety Kit does not guarantee the integrity of external links nor the validity of content that they are directed to.
6. WARRANTIES AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
- 6.1 Authority: You warrant that where You have registered to use the Service on behalf of another entity, You have the authority to agree to these Terms on behalf of that entity and agree that by registering to use the Service You bind the entity on whose behalf You act to the performance of any and all obligations that You become subject to by virtue of these Terms, without limiting Your own personal obligations under these Terms.
6.2 Acknowledgement: You acknowledge that:
- You are authorised to use the Services and the Website and to access the information and Data that You input into the Website, including any information or Data input into the Website by any person you have authorised to use the Service. You are also authorised to access the processed information and Data that is made available to You through Your use of the Website and the Services (whether that information and Data is Your own or that of anyone else).
Our Safety Kit has no responsibility to any person other than You and nothing in this Agreement confers, or purports to confer, a benefit on any person other than You. If You use the Services or access the Website on behalf of or for the benefit of anyone other than yourself (whether a body corporate or otherwise) you agree that:
- You are responsible for ensuring that You have the right to do so;
- You are responsible for authorising any person who is given access to information or Data, and you agree that Our Safety Kit has no obligation to provide any person access to such information or Data without Your authorisation and may refer any requests for information to You to address; and
You will indemnify Our Safety Kit against any claims or loss relating to:
- Our Safety Kit's refusal to provide any person access to Your information or Data in accordance with these Terms,
- Our Safety Kit’s making available information or Data to any person with Your authorisation.
- The provision of, access to, and use of, the Services is on an "as is " basis and at Your own risk.
- Our Safety Kit does not warrant that the use of the Service will be uninterrupted or error free. Among other things, the operation and availability of the systems used for accessing the Service, including public telephone services, computer networks and the Internet, can be unpredictable and may from time to time interfere with or prevent access to the Services. Our Safety Kit is not in any way responsible for any such interference or prevention of Your access or use of the Services.
- Our Safety Kit is not Your advisor. Use of the Services does not constitute the receipt of risk, compliance or safety advice and shall not be construed as legal advice. Use of the Services does not provide assurance of compliance with any particular piece of legislation. Whilst Our Safety Kit makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of the Services no liability is accepted for errors and omissions and or the consequences of those errors or omissions. The Services should not be regarded as a substitute for obtaining specialist suitably qualified legal advice.
- It is Your sole responsibility to determine that the Services meet the needs of Your business and are suitable for the purposes for which they are used.
- 6.3 No warranties: Our Safety Kit gives no warranty about the Services. Without limiting the foregoing, Our Safety Kit does not warrant that the Services will meet Your requirements or that it will be suitable for any particular purpose. To avoid doubt, all implied conditions or warranties are excluded in so far as is permitted by law, including (without limitation) warranties of merchantability, fitness for purpose, title and non-infringement.
- 6.4 Consumer guarantees: You warrant and represent that You are acquiring the right to access and use the Services for the purposes of a business and that, to the maximum extent permitted by law, any statutory consumer guarantees or legislation intended to protect non-business consumers in any jurisdiction does not apply to the supply of the Services, the Website or these Terms.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- 7.1 To the maximum extent permitted by law, Our Safety Kit excludes all liability and responsibility to You (or any other person) in contract, tort (including negligence), or otherwise, for any loss (including loss of information, Data, profits and savings) or damage resulting, directly or indirectly, from any use of, or reliance on, the Service or Website.
- 7.2 If You suffer loss or damage as a result of Our Safety Kit's negligence or failure to comply with these Terms, any claim by You against Our Safety Kit arising from Our Safety Kit's negligence or failure will be limited in respect of any one incident, or series of connected incidents, to the Access Fees paid by You in the previous 12 months.
- 7.3 If You are not satisfied with the Service, Your sole and exclusive remedy is to terminate these Terms in accordance with Clause 8.
- 8.1 Prepaid Subscriptions: Our Safety Kit will not provide any refund for any remaining prepaid period for a prepaid Access Fee subscription.
- 8.2 No-fault termination: These Terms will continue for the period covered by the Access Fee paid or payable under clause 3.1. At the end of each billing period these Terms will automatically continue for another period of the same duration as that period, provided You continue to pay the prescribed Access Fee when due, unless either party terminates these Terms by giving notice to the other party at least 30 days before the end of the relevant payment period. If You terminate these Terms You shall be liable to pay all relevant Access Fees on a pro-rata basis for each day of the then current period up to and including the day of termination of these Terms.
8.3 Breach: If You:
- breach any of these Terms (including, without limitation, by non-payment of any Access Fees) and do not remedy the breach within 14 days after receiving notice of the breach if the breach is capable of being remedied;
- breach any of these Terms and the breach is not capable of being remedied (which includes (without limitation) any breach of clause 3.4 or any payment of Access Fees that are more than 30 days overdue); or
- You or Your business become insolvent or Your business goes into liquidation or has a receiver or manager appointed of any of its assets or if You become insolvent, or make any arrangement with Your creditors, or become subject to any similar insolvency event in any jurisdiction,
Our Safety Kit may take any or all of the following actions, at its sole discretion:
- Terminate this Agreement and Your use of the Services and the Website;
- Suspend for any definite or indefinite period of time, Your use of the Services and the Website;
- Suspend or terminate access to all or any Data.
- Take either of the actions in sub-clauses (d), (e) and (f) of this clause 8.3 in respect of any or all other persons whom You have authorised to have access to Your information or Data.
8.4 Accrued Rights: Termination of these Terms is without prejudice to any rights and obligations of the parties accrued up to and including the date of termination. On termination of this Agreement You will:
- remain liable for any accrued charges and amounts which become due for payment before or after termination; and
- immediately cease to use the Services and the Website.
- 8.5 Data: Your data will be retained for a short period to allow for reinstatement of your Services if requested.
- 8.6 Expiry or termination: Clauses 3.1, 3.7, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 10 survive the expiry or termination of these Terms.
9. HELP DESK
- 9.1 Technical Problems: In the case of technical problems You must make all reasonable efforts to investigate and diagnose problems before contacting Our Safety Kit. If You still need technical help, please check the support provided online by Our Safety Kit on the Website or failing that email us at email@example.com.
- 9.2 Service availability: Whilst Our Safety Kit intends that the Services should be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, it is possible that on occasions the Services or Website may be unavailable to permit maintenance or other development activity to take place.
If for any reason Our Safety Kit has to interrupt the Services for longer periods than Our Safety Kit would normally expect, Our Safety Kit will use reasonable endeavours to publish in advance details of such activity on the Website.
- 10.2 Waiver: If either party waives any breach of these Terms, this will not constitute a waiver of any other breach. No waiver will be effective unless made in writing.
- 10.3 Delays: Neither party will be liable for any delay or failure in performance of its obligations under these Terms if the delay or failure is due to any cause outside its reasonable control. This clause does not apply to any obligation to pay money.
- 10.4 No Assignment: You may not assign or transfer any rights to any other person without Our Safety Kit's prior written consent.
- 10.5 Governing law and jurisdiction: New Zealand law governs. New Zealand courts have non-exclusive jurisdiction..
- 10.6 Severability: If any part or provision of these Terms is invalid, unenforceable or in conflict with the law, that part or provision is replaced with a provision which, as far as possible, accomplishes the original purpose of that part or provision. The remainder of this Agreement will be binding on the parties.
- 10.7 Notices: Any notice given under these Terms by either party to the other must be in writing by email and will be deemed to have been given on transmission. Notices to Our Safety Kit must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or to any other email address notified by email to You by Our Safety Kit. Notices to You will be sent to the email address which You provided when setting up Your access to the Service.
- 10.8 Rights of Third Parties: A person who is not a party to these Terms has no right to benefit under or to enforce any term of these Terms.